Perfect Tri-Tip (with How-To video)
- Pit Master's Choice California Blend
- Choose a tri-tip that is plump and soft to the touch. (Tri-tip is also known as the “Butcher’s Cut”)
- Buy a peeled tri-tip, or if unpeeled, remove the fat cap from the top (see Chef Brian's video at the bottom of this page)
- Remove all silver skin from the bottom of the tri-tip.
- Rub California Blend Seasoning liberally on all sides.
- Let rest for approximately 30 minutes.
- Grill over charcoal, gas or wood on direct heat.
- Turn every 7 minutes for approximately 40 minutes until internal temp is 130 degrees.
- Let cooked tri-tip rest for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Slice your tri-tip against the grain.